Every person, whether adult or child, should receive individualized attention when it comes to nutrition!
Everything you eat has a chance to either nourish you or potentially harm you. Research and experience have shown that proper nutrition and gut health are essential starting points in expediting the healing process and in quieting inflammation and infection, preventing illness, and potentially resolving the seemingly unrelated symptoms you or your child may be experiencing.
Our personalized nutrition consultations are based on your unique circumstance, diagnoses, diet, likes, dislikes and so much more. At Newbridge, we believe that each person should have their own diet based on their goals.
What does a nutrition session involve?
- Before we even meet, you will have filled out a food questionnaire to help cut down on time spent in our session discussing history so we can focus on where to go.
- We’ll discuss your food and beverage intake including what, how much, and when you eat.
- Depending on your needs, we may meal plan, talk about how to build a balanced meal, how to grab healthy meals fast, cooking skills, etc.
- If you or your child are already on a therapeutic diet and need help, we’ll troubleshoot ways to make things easier.
- We’ll go over practical ways to implement a diet, including product ideas, cooking techniques, and more.
- Before you leave, we will set goals for you to work on between sessions.
What a nutrition consultation IS NOT:
- Judgmental! The more honest you are about food, the more our dietitian can help. We want to help people where they are at and grow/learn from there.
In addition to therapeutic diets, a nutrition consultation can help with:
- Weight management (gain, lose or maintain). Want to streamline your efforts in the gym? Get your nutrition in line and you will start to see results quickly.
- Body fat analysis – A quick, painless way to learn your body fat percent, lean body mass, and how much fluid makes up your weight.
- Nutrition as you age – did you know your nutrition needs are different later in life?
- Nutrition “check-up” – schedule a session to see if your diet is nutritionally adequate for you.
Schedule an appointment today and see how a personalized diet can change your life.