AT NEWBRIDGE HEALTH AND WELLNESS…
We focus on identifying and treating the underlying root causes of chronic physical illness, mental illness, and learning and behavioral concerns, rather than only treating the symptoms. We incorporate functional and integrative medicine modalities, and work collaboratively as a team as needed to help you achieve optimal health and healing that you may not have been able to achieve with other approaches.
HOW TO BECOME A PATIENT:
To help with the process of becoming a patient and deciding if Newbridge is a good fit for you or your family, we recommend the following steps…
- Learn about Newbridge’s Philosophy – Mission, Vision, & Values.
- Read other patients’ stories and experiences.
- Explore the Frequently Asked Questions to know what to expect.
- Read our policies below or to the right.
If you decided to become a patient at Newbridge, please complete the following steps…
- Learn about our Dual Provider Appointments with Registered Dietitian, Rachel Wood.
- Read the important insurance and financial notes below.
- Complete the online New Patient Welcome Form. Upon completion, a Newbridge Patient Specialist will call you within 1-2 business days to set up an appointment with a provider that would be the best match for you.
- Determine your lab insurance coverage and lab deductibles prior to your first appointment so that, if necessary, we can determine the best labs to order in relation to your insurance coverage.
- After creating a Patient Portal account, upload any labs or medical records from the past year – This will help make your visit more effiecent.
- Consider asking a second person to come along to your first appointment to help retain everything that is discussed – The provider’s notes and recommendations will also be accessible online via your Patient Portal account.
We strive to create a positive environment for both children and their parents. If there is any subject matter that you would prefer that your child is not present for during the appointment, please make prior arrangements for another adult to come to the appointment.
- Newbridge Health & Wellness is an out-of-network for all medical insurance plans, and requires a full payment on the day of your appointment (via cash, check, or credit card). This model of care allows us to provide advanced personalized integrative and functional medicine in an unrushed setting, where you/your child can be treated as an individual with undivided attention to individualized care and you/your child’s optimal health and wellbeing.
- As a courtesy to our patients, we will submit a claim for most MD, NP, and PA visits to many insurance companies electronically if possible, so that you can potentially receive out-of-network reimbursement.
- Please see below for the updated hourly rates based on provider:
- Stephanie Belseth, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – $400/hour
- Tara Calmes, Nurse Practitioner – $350/hour
- Mara Liss, Pediatrician – $350/hour
- Cathy Moore, Physician Assistant – $350/hour
- Carolyn Bowles, Medical Doctor – $350/hour
- Cathy Dolan, Family Practice Doctor – $350/hour
- Rachel Wood, Registered Dietitian – $150/hour
- Anna McConville, Physical Therapist – $125/hour
- Catherine Duncan, Social-Emotional and Spiritual Care Provider – $125/hour
- Kaiya Vasquez, Nuerolic Reflex Integration Specialist – $80 per care session and $450 for an initial evaluation
- Initial consultations are approximately 90 minutes where we review you/your child’s history, conduct a physical examination, recommend/arrange for any needed laboratory testing, and provide initial treatment recommendations and referrals/care coordination, as needed. Shorter or longer visits are pro-rated based on time.
- Any laboratory and/or diagnostic testing are additional costs, and patients and families can provide insurance information to the lab(s), which will/may cover many of these laboratory expenses, and/or provide payment directly to the lab(s).
- If for any reason you do not show up for your appointment with Stephanie Belseth, Dr. Dolan, Dr. Liss, Cathy Moore, Dr. Bowles, or Rachel Wood, or need to cancel/reschedule, we request that you do so two business days or more before your appointment, or you will be charged a $100 cancellation fee.
- If for any reason you do not show up for your appointment with Anna McConville or Kaiya Vasquez, or need to cancel/reschedule, we request you that you do so two business days or more before your appointment, or you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee.
DUAL PROVIDER VISITS:
At Newbridge Health & Wellness, we practice Functional Medicine and Nutrition because our goal is to uncover the root cause of your health issues rather than just treating your symptoms. Research and experience have shown us that nutrition and gut health are vital to healing and that most people greatly benefit from working with a dietitian with advanced training in functional nutrition, often getting better much quicker.
Since nutrition is so key, we ask new patients to meet with our functionally trained Registered Dietitian, Rachel Wood, in addition to a medical provider. She will get you or your child started on the most beneficial nutrition treatment plan alongside the medical treatment plan. Nutrition sessions can be held at the office, by phone, or via Zoom video conference for your convenience. If requested, we will make every effort to schedule nutrition visits the same day as your provider visit.
Meeting with Rachel, either before your medical provider visit or after, will benefit you in several ways:
- These nutrition visits may result in shorter initial or follow-up provider visits, saving you money.
- Nutrition visits can often be scheduled sooner than provider visits, allowing you to get started with the healing process.
- You get a more comprehensive conversation about food and nutrition, along with practical ways to start incorporating changes right away.
- Additionally, Rachel is available for health coaching after your visit with the medical provider, which can help stretch your dollars by possibly reducing follow-up provider visits.
- If you schedule with Rachel prior to meeting with your provider, you will have an opportunity to implement the nutrition plan and start the healing process. You may even be able to discuss symptom improvement and go deeper into the medical treatment plan during provider visits.
If you meet with Rachel after your provider visit, she will coordinate with your provider to get your medical history and create the most appropriate nutrition plan for you.
If your first visit is more urgent (e.g. new tick bit or serious Autism or PANDAS flare), we will schedule you first with an available medical provider, and then you can follow up with the dietitian.
Rachel is on maternity leave until early-July (2018). If you’d like nutritional guidance during her absence, you can attend a Nutrition Education Session led by other trained Newbridge staff members.